Sunday, August 17, 2008

Nice One!


The man of the day at the Tour of Utah was Jeff Louder, who started the final stage's time trial seven seconds behind Blake Caldwell (Garmin-Chipotle). He made up eight seconds in the short time trial to take the overall victory of the Tour of Utah by just one second. Glen Chadwick (Team Type 1) maintained his third place overall.
"It was a huge team effort this week," said Louder who moved closer to his winning goal when he took the previous stage four victory atop Snowbird pass. "These are my people, my roads and my conditions. My Dad was in the follow car, my wife Soorya and baby Milana are here. So, to be able to win this in front of them – I will relish."
Tom Zirbel (Bissell) proved to be on grand form when he blasted to a win in the final 12-kilometre time trial with the best time of 13'05". Zirbel bested the BMC pair - nine seconds ahead of Brent Bookwalter and 15 second ahead of the overall race winner Louder.
"I feel really good right now and my time trialling is where it needs to be," said Zirbel who has his eyes set on the USPro time trial championships to be held in Greenville, South Carolina.
"Winning today doesn't surprise me," said Zirbel. "I'm feeling good in the time trials and also I got to sit up at the base of the climb yesterday. You never know how the other guys might have been feeling after that stage."

No comments: