Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back from Philly..... just in time?

Well I just got back from Philly - great race in 98 degrees and 100,000,000,000,000 % humidity! No really, 100,000,000,000,000 % . I don't know how these guys do it. Well, it is better when you're moving... but when you stop, look out! Funny to see CSC win it as they are loosing their sponsor - See: http://servicecourse.blogspot.com/2008/03/and-what-did-you-expect-cssee-ya.html



This photo ran in Velonews - Casey Gibson shot it and they printed "Dave and Scott work hard to get a great shot".... Well Scott was directing in the AIR CONDITIONED truck - Hmmmm, yup, that's me busting my back to get the great shot for Scott, who.... IS IN THE AIR CONDITIONED TRUCK! I did mention the truck was air conditioned? Oh and, Scott was cool? Good - Now I need to add "Gladly" as in, I would gladly bust my back for a great shot for Scott "who" is a great director in the AIR CONDITIONED truck - truth is we have headsets built into our helmets and from what I could hear thru mine was Scott was the only one in the truck who was absorbing the cool provided.... and that's all I have to say about that. Good job Scotty, and now let me take a break and whip all this brown stuff from my nose.

The race has been going on for 25 yrs and is the site of Lance (I've never failed a drug test) Armstrong wining the Triple Crown and receiving One-million-dol-ars... bet he went out n bought Euros - smart! the conversation on "personal enhancements" from Europe are a killer...



The crowd is all-time and when you get to the wall its soooooo loud its insane!



Now, the following leads me to believe after the race is when things really heat up: (taken from a Philly blog).

West Philly is effectively challenging Fishtown to a battle of body order, bad facial hair, and all around bike riding mastery. To be honest I don't know who will really win. I mean this is some shit right. How the fuck are the hippyhipsters of West Philly gonna make a bike race, give away some dope bags and pretty much give a big finger to the fuckers in Fishtown like yeah bitch we got better all you can drink after parties for $5. You will not catch me at this event since I am gonna get my ass down to SXSW but actually the after party sounds interesting to me. Well kinda only because I really like short, frumpy girls, with bad tattoos, bad attitudes and who treat you like shit the whole night cause you don’t dress like them or there current boy friend but can drink as much you and then wanna fuck you in random places and then in the morning sneak out your apartment.



Good time - Philly style! Just don't know what the, gulp, "participants" of the fore mentioned post smelled like in those random places after a day of drinking in 98 degrees and 100,000,000,000,000 %..... at that point I was on a plane asleep.

No comments: